Eric Burton Osberg Scholarship Fund
The Eric Burton Osberg Scholarship Fund was formed to help students with epilepsy reach their full academic potential. Those who receive this scholarship are recognized for their determination to achieve in school while living with epilepsy. Recipients of the scholarship exemplify the spirit of hope and perseverance to overcome the challenges created by epilepsy communicated by the Foundation’s mission.
The scholarship is awarded in April. Students attending a computer, trade, technical, or culinary school are preferred during the review process, but students who are attending traditional schools are also encouraged to apply. Priority will be given to applicants within the EFEPA service area. EFEPA’s service area includes the counties of: Berks, Bucks, Carbon, Chester, Delaware, Lackawanna, Lancaster, Lehigh, Luzerne, Monroe, Montgomery, Northampton, Philadelphia, Pike, Schuylkill, Susquehanna, Wayne and Wyoming.
The Foundation is a 501(c)(3) public charity. The official registration and financial information of the Epilepsy Foundation Eastern PA may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling (800) 732-0999.
Those applying for the Eric Burton Osberg Scholarship Fund must submit the following to be considered by the scholarship review committee:
- A completed scholarship application form
- A letter from the applicant’s neurologist confirming that the applicant is a current patient and is receiving treatment for epilepsy/seizure disorder.
- A copy of the applicant’s technical, culinary, trades and/or computer school acceptance letter, current academic transcript, or a letter discussing their intention of applying.
- A written statement (500 word minimum). This written statement should address the applicant’s academic goals, demonstrate need of scholarship, and describe how epilepsy has affected the applicant’s life and academics.
- One letter of recommendation written by someone who is not a family member. The letter of recommendation should address the applicant’s academic potential as well as the potential to serve as a positive ambassador for the EFEPA.
Scholarship Request Deadline: The 2014 Scholarship Application period is now closed. Please check back for 2015 eligibility dates.
The required materials may be submitted by mail to:
Epilepsy Foundation Eastern Pennsylvania
Attn: Scholarship Review Committee
919 Walnut Street, Suite 700
Philadelphia PA 19107
If you have any questions, contact us at (215) 629-5003 or in PA only: (800) 887-7165 or email at email@example.com