The Epilepsy Education Exchanges are free annual conferences held in the Berks, Lancaster, Lehigh Valley, Philadelphia and Wilkes-Barre regions. We invite those living with epilepsy, family members, caregivers, medical and healthcare professionals, and school personnel to explore important topics in epilepsy while developing a network of support and increasing public awareness, education and understanding.
Our educational conferences provide information on a wide array of relevant topics such as the latest in epilepsy treatments and updates; psychological, emotional, and social concerns; clinical trials, employment, and school issues as well as other challenges that those with epilepsy/seizure disorder share.
These conferences are free and open to the public. Travel reimbursement to programs available upon request. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!
Click on the Conference for dates and details!
Join us virtually on Thursday, May 13, 2021 for the Pediatric Epilepsy Conference from 6:00 – 8:00 pm to explore topics related to children living with epilepsy.
2021 topics include:
- “Updates on the Treatment of Pediatric Epilepsy” presented by Muhammed R. Sheikh, MD, LVHN Pediatric Neurology
- “Navigating Special Education” presented by Angela J. Uliana- Murphy, Esq, Murphy and Murphy, P.C.
- “Transitioning to Adulthood” presented by Domenico Cavaiulo, Ph.D., Director of Career Independent Living & Learning Studies (CILLS) Program East Stroudsburg University
Join us virtually on Tuesday, May 25, 2021 for the Adult Epilepsy Conference from 6:00 – 8:00 pm to learn more about the best epilepsy practices in a changing world of care.
2021 topics include:
- “Epilepsy & Wellness” by Jayant N. Acharya, MD, DM, FAES, FACNS, FAAN, FANA, Penn State Health
- “Barriers to Optimal Epilepsy Care” presented by Vinita Acharya, MD, Penn State Health
- “Comorbidity and Epilepsy” presented by Mercedes Jacobson, MD, Lewis Katz School of Medicine, Temple University
The EFEPA would like to extend our sincerest gratitude to our Conference & Webinar Series Presenting Sponsor: Greenwich Biosciences. Our partners at Greenwich Biosciences make the Women & Epilepsy Conference, and our educational programs and webinars throughout the year, possible.
Watch the 2021 Women & Epilepsy Conference:
Watch the 2020 Northeast Epilepsy Education Exchange:
Watch the 2020 Epilepsy Education Exchange:
Watch the 2020 Lancaster & Berks Education Exchange:
Watch the 2020 Lehigh Valley Education Exchange: