Want to keep the magic of summer camp alive all year round? Through Youth Achieve, children and teens with epilepsy can remain active members of their local community, and keep in touch with camp friends, no matter the season!
Youth Achieve is the EFEPA’s way of keeping our camp community involved and engaged with quarterly in-person events throughout Eastern Pennsylvania to raise awareness, keep youth connected to their support networks, build friendships, have fun, and assist the Foundation in our mission to end epilepsy. In addition to our in-person events, we’ll periodically host virtual events to help youth stay connected with friends no matter where they live!
In addition to having fun, what will Youth Achieve members do?
- Create opportunities for youth leadership and networking
- Apply personal skills and interests to create real world experiences
- Make a difference in the lives of people with epilepsy
- Serve as representatives for local EFEPA events
- Learn more about epilepsy and what others are doing to help
- Reach out to key political leaders about the importance of epilepsy awareness
Youth Achieve is your way to show Pennsylvania, and the world, what the power of youth can do!
Still have questions? For more information on how to get involved, please contact our Camp & Community Outreach Coordinator, Andrew Chmielowiec at firstname.lastname@example.org and (215) 629-5003 x103.
Want to be part of a EFEPA history, and help spread epilepsy awareness at the same time, all from the comfort of home?
Join us, and fellow members of our local epilepsy community, in the first ever Community Arts Button Making Campaign! We’ll be pressing hundreds of EFEPA Buttons that will feature your original artwork! These buttons will be used as ‘Thank You’ gifts for donors and community partners, giveaways for EFEPA events, and more – all featuring the creativity and dedication of our local epilepsy warriors, advocates, and champions!
How does it work?
- Fill out this short form to request some button templates, which we’ll mail directly to you! You’ll receive a packet in the mail with everything you need to get started.
- Get creative! Design, create, and color your buttons right on the template pages. You can draw pictures, doodle, share words of wisdom, or whatever else you’re inspired to make.
- When your templates are complete, mail them back to us using the pre-addressed, pre-stamped envelope included in your packet.
- We’ll take it from here! When your templates arrive at the EFEPA, our team of staff and volunteers will press them in buttons, email you pictures of the final products you’ve created, and your buttons will be used to raise awareness in future EFEPA events!
Still have questions? Want a little more information? Contact our Community Outreach Coordinator, Andrew Chmielowiec, at email@example.com or (215) 629-5003 x103.
Camp Achieve 2022
Sunday August 14th – Friday, August 19th, 2022
Camp Green Lane, Green Lane, PA
Camp Achieve is a week-long sleepaway camp specifically designed for children living with epilepsy. Every August, we welcome kids to experience the magic of Camp Achieve while a safe, supportive, inclusive environment is ensured by 24/7 medical supervision.
Join us for a week jam-packed with fun, traditional summer camp activities such as swimming, canoeing, archery, arts & crafts, a talent show, and so much more! The best part? Campers meet other kids and counselors who understand the challenges of living with epilepsy, build lasting friendships, and grow!
Registration for Camp Achieve 2022 closed on May 15, 2022. If you’re interested in seeking a deadline extension, visiting Camp Achieve, or you would like additional information, please contact Andrew Chmielowiec at firstname.lastname@example.org and 215-629-5003 ext 103.
Camp Achieve Youth Planning Committee
10:00am-11:00am, Saturdays – June 4th, July 9th, and August 6th
Virtual on Zoom
Interested in helping to plan some of the events, games, and activities at Camp Achieve this summer? Campers ages 13-17 are invited to help EFEPA staff and camp counselors plan a summer of fun!
We’ll discuss our favorite parts of camp, brainstorm how we can fix our least favorite parts of camp, and come up with some brand new activities! We’ll also work to create a special camp-wide event to be led by the Planning Committee during Camp Achieve – Because we want this summer to be the best EVER!
For questions or more information, please contact Andrew Chmielowiec at email@example.com or (215) 629-5003 x103.
To sign-up for the Camp Achieve Youth Planning Committee, please RSVP here.
Virtual Community Wellness Series – Summer Fitness!
6:30pm-7:30pm, Wednesdays – July 6th and July 20th
Virtual on Zoom
The Community Wellness Series is back, and this time our focus is on physical fitness! Join us for two evening classes to help get our bodies (and minds!) in shape this summer.
On Wednesday, July 6th we’ll focus on At-Home Exercise with instructor Rachel Davis, and on Wednesday, July 20th, our class will feature Yoga with instructor Justine Bacon!
For questions or more information, please contact Andrew Chmielowiec at firstname.lastname@example.org or (215) 629-5003 x103.
To sign up for the Community Wellness Series and receive the Zoom meeting information, please RSVP.
For more information, please contact Andrew Chmielowiec at email@example.com or (215) 629-5003 x 103.