HOme Based Self-management & COgnitive Training CHanges lives
HOBSCOTCH is a self-management program designed to help people with epilepsy find ways to manage and cope with their memory problems in order to lead a happier, more productive life. More than half of people with seizures experience memory problems and feel that seizures interfere with memory.
Why do people with seizures have memory problems?
- Stress, anxiety & depressed moody
- Seizure & abnormal brain activity
- Physical abnormalities of the brain
- Abnormal brain chemistry
- Medication side effects
You will Learn:
- How epilepsy and seizure affect memory.
- Skills to compensate for memory problems in everyday life.
- Ways to reduce stress, improve your memory, and increase your quality of life.
You Will Receive:
- 8 sessions with a HOBSCOTCH certified EFEPA Memory Coach
- HOBSCOTCH Workbook
- Memory Tool Box
- Day Planner & Seizure Diary
Taking Control: Building Skills to Improve Cognitive Challenges in Epilepsy
Interested? Contact Seamus Morgan at email@example.com or call 215-629-5003 ext 105
Each session lasts about 45-60 minutes
Session 1What is Memory? Memory & Seizures. Problem Solving. Quick Relaxation.
Session 2Problem Solving Therapy. Keeping a Schedule.
Session 3 – 7Problem Solving Worksheet.
Session 8Wrap up. Maintenance Strategies.