Act NOW – Contact Your PA State Representative and Senator Today
VOICE YOUR SUPPORT FOR EPILEPSY PROGRAMS
March 12th is Epilepsy Awareness Day in PA’s state capital in Harrisburg. Epilepsy services have been zeroed out in the proposed budget so we need your help!
Take the time to call,e-mail, write or fax your PA State Representative and Senator to tell them that local epilepsy programs are important to you and your family. Ask your elected officials in Harrisburg to support a state budget that provides $400,000 in state funding and $150,000 in federal funding for the epilepsy support services line in the PA Department of Health budget for 2013-2014.
CLICK HERE to find your PA State Representative or Senator.
CLICK HERE for a sample letter to mail or e-mail your PA State Representative or Senator. Be sure to share your personal story and how the Epilepsy Foundation Eastern PA has positively affected you!
When calling or e-mailing encourage your elected officials to join the Epilepsy Foundations of Pennsylvania at our annual Legislative Breakfast, Tuesday March 12th from 7:30am – 9:00am, in room 39 East Wing Capital Complex. If you can make it to an early breakfast in Harrisburg, please RSVP to the Foundation at (215) 629-5003 ext. 105 or e-mail email@example.com.
Without state and federal funding for epilepsy services in the PA state budget, communities will lose the only epilepsy specific programs in the state including…
- Professional education for school nurses and community health providers.
- Technical assistance for teachers and seizure recognition/first-aid training for students and schools.
- Toll-free telephone support and education for parents, patients and caregivers.
- Support groups for parents and adults living with seizures.
- Community education workshops, conferences and on-line learning opportunities.
- Training for first-responders on seizure recognition and first-aid training for all seizure types.
- Program offices in rural communities like Lancaster, Lehigh, Wyoming Valley, Johnston and Harrisburg.
The Epilepsy Foundations in PA are the only agencies in the state providing support and education specifically for people who have seizures.